Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

As the demands of work slow down for a couple of days, it gives me the opportunity to reflect on the true meaning of Thanksgiving. On a personal basis, I have a lot to be thankful for which I'll define in more detail below. On the sports side-here's what I'm thankful for and hopeful they'll continue:
  • The Phillies and the string of sell-outs. I can only hope they continue to see the benefit of putting great teams on the field.
  • The continued recovery of great athletes like Josh Hamilton, Ron Washington, and Michael Vick among others. Let's hope their rehabilitation continues and they can be true role models.
  • This may be counter productive, but I'm not all that disappointed that the Miami Heat is off to a slow start.
  • Another negative thought, but I can't help it. I'm thankful that Brett Favre and the Vikings can't win. Maybe this will be his last year and all the drama he brings will go quietly back to Mississippi.
  • TCU and Boise State-let's hope they get a chance to showcase their talent. All this would be moot if we had a playoff system. I would be thankful if someone could explain why we don't have a playoff.
  • Coaches at the high school, middle school and elementary school levels. There are thousands of men and women teaching children of all ages how to play the game and how to win the right way.
  • Non-stop football on Thanksgiving weekend.
  • Division III athletes who play because they love their respective sports.

I am thankful that I have my health, a wonderful family and employed in a job I love. I know that many families are struggling and unemployed. Let's hope the new year brings a better economy. I'm also thankful for those who read this blog and take the time to comment. Thank you for caring. Best wishes to all for a Happy Thanksgiving and the upcoming Holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment